|Year of construction:||1932|
|Ski club:||WSV Köln|
|Coordinates:||50.463051, 6.397648 ✔|
At Hollerath, a town situated at the Belgian border and belonging to Hellenthal in Eifel, WSV Köln had started with the construction of a ski jumping hill in 1932. In 1934 the jump was inaugurated under the name “Adolf-Hitler-Schanze” with the usual National-Socialist procedure in these days. Two years later even Olympic gold medal winner Birger Ruud was jumping here for pre-seasonal practising.
In World War II the ski jumping hill was destroyed by hostilities, but reconstructed only few years later. Then the ski jump was used until mid 1960’s, with the championships of the West-German ski association shining as a final highlight. For this event once again thousands of spectators came to the jumping hill, of which relicts are still visible today.