|Hill record:||36.0 m (Udo Pfeffer , 1968)|
|Year of construction:||1930|
|Conversions:||1953, 1960, 1968, 2003|
|Status:||out of order|
|Ski club:||TuS Eckenhagen, TuS Brüchermühle, TuS Reichshof|
At Eckenhagen in Oberbergisches Land a ski jumping hill was constructed by local "Turn- und Sportverein" Eckenhagen, supported by workers of the "Reichs Labour Service", at "Blockhaus" mountain (500 m asl) from 1927 to 1930. The natural hill at "Steilhang" allowed ski jumps of up to 25 meters.
In 1953 the ski jump was reconstructed according to plans by Heini Klopfer. A wooden inrun tower was built and a small training hill was added. From the following winter on, many competitions were hosted every year, the highlight being the nordic district championships in 1958. The inrun was replaced by a steel structure in 1959-60 and the ski jump was then named after the current chairman of TuS Eckenhagen, Walter Peters. Another extension of the hill, including modifications of take-off and landing hill, followed in 1968. The hill was inaugurated with a New Year's Eve competition, were a hill record of 36 meters was set up - which should remain the longest distance achieved during a competition.
Despite having hosted a couple of Nordic Championships of Western German Ski Association, interest in ski jumping decreased in 1980's, also due to warmer winters with poor snow condition. A short revival of this ski jumping hill was initiated by members of TuS Brüchermühle in 2003, when they repaired the hill and used it for a few ski jumps.