Recent news:

Construction of Olympic ski jumps for Beijing 2022 in full swing!

Nordic Ski World Championships 2021 in Oberstdorf: Conversion has started

2000 ski jumping facilities in the archive!

All or nothing: Braunlage tries to make the dream of a large hill become true

"A decisive step": Inrun tower of the Rothaus-Schanze to be modernized

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2019-07-16

GER-BEBerlin

2019-07-15

NOR-06Vikersund

RUSSortavala

GER-NIAltenau

GER-NIAltenau

NOR-02Rælingen

FRA-UBeuil

SVKSielnica

2019-07-14

CZE-JNové Město na Moravě

2019-07-13

NOR-08Nordagutu

NOR-08Skien

NOR-12Voss

NOR-09Vegårshei

NOR-04Våler

JPN-15Shiozawa

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-NWBrilon

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Hellehohlschanze:

K-Point: 45 m
Men Winter Hill record: 49.0 m
Further jumps: K20
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1932
Conversions: 1952/53, 1965
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SC Brilon

to top

History:

The first ski jumping hill of Skiclub Brilon was opened in 1933 at Hellehohl in the southern part of the town. Ideas of both tourism and sports had been combined into the construction of the ski hill: the tower was designed as a view point and on half of the height the inrun for the ski jumpers was integrated. The most famous ski jumper to use the hill was Erich Recknagel from Thuringia, participant inthe 1928 Olympics and German Champion in 1930.
After World War II the dilapidated tower was not reconstructed and instead a new ski jump was built after the re-founding of the ski club in 1952. Since it was a natural ski jump and the inrun terrain was very flat, it was necessary to have a 300 meter long inrun track! But already in the next year a inrun structure was set up in order to provide a suitable hill for the youth.
With club-owned ski tows to be set up in early 1960's, a third ski jumping hill construction was carried out according to plans of Heini Klopfer in 1965. The inrun area of the 45 meter hill was filled with soildug out during the construction of the local hospital and in the outrun a smaller hill for younger jumpers was integrated.
However, the hill construction had always been controversial. Due to warm winters with lack of snow, declining interest and huge effort of hill preparation the activities in ski jumping became less until a complete halt was reached in mid 1970's. Relicts of the hill can still be seen in the area of Möhne source.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link
1)   Peter Hellwig   wrote on 2018-07-06 at 16:37:

Karte

Die auf der Karte eingezeichnete Schanze ist die K20 von 1953. Die K45 Schanze, die heute noch zu sehen ist, verläuft von Süd nach Nord etwa vom M in "Möhnequelle" bis zum M in "Möhne"

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2019
www.skijumpinghills.com