|Hill record:||81.0 m (Kare Berg , 1953-02-15)|
|Year of construction:||1953|
|Year of destruction:||1955|
|Ski club:||SC St. Andreasberg|
|Coordinates:||51.727928, 10.504154 ✔|
The history of ski jumping at St. Andreasberg in Harz mountains dates back until 1897. From 1926 until 1974 the Schanze im unteren Kälbertal was used.
In 1953 the long-term wish of people at St. Andreasberg to have a large hill ski jump was fulfilled. The 80-meter natural hill, which was constructed at Dreibrodetal under the assignment of St. Andreasberg municipality, was inaugurated on February 15, 1953 in front of 8,000 spectators with an international competition. The funding of 100,000 DM was provided was LVA Hamburg. The drafts and profile construction were done by Heini Klopfer and Prof. König. Winner of the day of the opening tournament was Bjørnstad from Norway and his compatriot Kare Berg landed the longest jump with 81 m. This record is still valid until today.
In 1954 there was the second international competition and in 1955 just a tournament of local ski clubs, then all attempts of ski jumping were literally scattered to the four winds. The largest ski jump north of the Main river at that time was then never used again and has been recovered by nature.