Recent news:

Reconstruction of Średnia Krokiew at Zakopane completed

Works in Hinterzarten are resuming

Inrun tracks at Einsiedeln are renewed

Granåsen getting ready for WSC 2025

Ski Jumping World Cup to return to Iron Mountain

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2021-09-15

POL-KZakopane

2021-09-08

CAN-BCRevelstoke

NOR-34Odnes

2021-09-07

AUT-VDornbirn

2021-09-06

SLOSebenje

NOR-38Notodden   NEW!

NOR-34Elverum   NEW!

2021-09-03

NOR-34Brumunddal

GER-STWernigerode

2021-08-31

NOR-03Oslo   NEW!

NOR-34Os i Østerdalen   NEW!

2021-08-26

NOR-38Rjukan   NEW!

NOR-50Røros   NEW!

NOR-30Gjerdrum   NEW!

NOR-54Hammerfest   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-NISt. Andreasberg

Kälbertal

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Schanze im unteren Kälbertal:

K-Point: 30 m
Men Winter Hill record: 33.0 m
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1928
Conversions: 1934, 1946
Year of destruction: 1960
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SC St. Andreasberg
Coordinates: 51.713738, 10.525414 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

The history of ski jumping at St. Andreasberg in Harz mountains dates back until 1897. The Norwegian jumper Løschen won at the winter festival at Brocken with 9.30 meters. In 1906, a competition was held on the new 20-meter hill at Matthias-Schmidt-Berg. This ski jump was used a last time in 1946. In 1912, another ski jumping hill was inaugurated at the Schankmühle. The winner’s distance was 18.5 meters. The first competition on the ski jump at Sonnenberg was held in 1923 and it existed until 1940.
In upper Kälbertal, the first 20-meter ski jump was set up in 1926, but it was not used for long. However, in 1929 a larger hill was opened in lower Kälbertal. Kälbertal-Schanze was reconstructed in 1934 by a force labor service, because the German national team wanted to practice there for the 1936 Olympics. After World War II, the ski jump was reconstructed in 1946-47. It was equipped with floodlights and then used until the late 1950s. In 1960, the dilapidated tower was torn down by the Police Academy of Brunswick. The last hill record was 33 m.
From 1953 to 1955, the large hill Glückauf-Schanze at Dreibrodetal was used.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

4)   Jochen Klähn   wrote on 2020-02-27 at 10:02:

Stadtheimatpfleger

Die Sprungschanze im Kälbertal/St. Andreasberg
wurden nicht 1960 abgerissen sondern 1970.

2)   Hans-Günter Schärf   wrote on 2019-11-24 at 16:10:

Hallo,
es gab eine weitere kleine Schanze am Nordhang des Sägemühlenberges nördlich von St. Andreasberg am Gewehr. Vermutlich aus den Anfängen des Schneesports. Vermutliche mögliche Wege bei geschätzt 15-20 Meter.

1)   Eckhard Trübel   wrote on 2014-02-22 at 10:02:

Glückauf-Schanze

Hallo,
leider stimmen nicht alle Aussagen zur GA-Schanze
1. Gebaut hat die Schanze eine Firma aus Bad Sachsa im Auftrag der Stadt St.Andreasberg,nicht der BGS und das Straßenbauamt.Kosten 100.000 DM,Geldgeber war die LVA Hamburg, vor 8 Jahren hat die Stadt St.Andreasberg die letzte Rate bezahlt.
2. Meine Bezugsquelle: Zeitung für St.Andreasberg, 14.02. 1953

MFG

ET

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2021
www.skijumpinghills.com