Recent news:

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2023-01-29

AUT-STMürzzuschlag

2023-01-28

ITABormio

POL-TRuczynów

AUT-KReichenfels

2023-01-27

AUT-STBad Mitterndorf

2023-01-26

GER-BWHinterzarten

AUT-OOBad Goisern

2023-01-25

AUT-SBischofshofen

2023-01-24

AUT-STAflenz

2023-01-23

AUT-STVeitsch

2023-01-22

AUT-STSpital am Semmering

GER-BYSchlehdorf

2023-01-21

GER-BYGmund am Tegernsee

GER-BYIcking

AUT-STSteinhaus am Semmering

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-NIHohegeiß

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Ebersbergschanze:

K-Point: 70 m
Men Winter Hill record: 73.0 m (Friedhelm Klapproth BRD, 1968-02-26)
Further jumps: K50, K30
Year of construction: 1924
Conversions: 1955, 1967
Year of destruction: 1991
Coordinates: 51.682042, 10.652597 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

Hasenkopfschanze:

K-Point: 15 m
Year of construction: 1950
Conversions: 1986
Year of destruction: 1993
Coordinates: 51.665795, 10.657404 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

Schülerschanze im Hasental:

K-Point: 15 m
Year of construction: 1968
Year of destruction: 1986
Coordinates: 51.661021, 10.664387 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Skiclub Hohegeiß
Coordinates: 51.682042, 10.652597 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

At Hohegeiß, nowadays a suburbian village south of Braunlage, a first ski jumping hill was constructed a the snow-secure northern slope of Ebersberg (684 m) in 1924. This natural ski jumping hill had been converted and enlarged several times:
Already in mid-1950s the initial 40-meter hill was significantly enlarged as K52 and when the Ski-Club Hohegeiß was founded in 1961, it was soon to be converted once again. The last competition on the old wooden hill were the Nordic junior championships of Harz in March 1962. The critical point of the new Ebersberg-Schanze with steel inrun tower, inaugurated on January 7, 1968, had reached 70 meters. Two ski jumps K50 and K30 with natural inruns had been integrated into the same slope. The Easter competition in 1969 was a highlight in the club's history, since winner Walter Lampe from Clausthal-Zellerfeld also became the German Champion in ski jumping in 1970. Further larger competitions were the Nordic ski championships of Harz (1970) and Lower Saxony (1973, 76, 79, 82).
Unfortunately, the ski jumps no longer matched the newly defined profile norms introduced by DSV after 1980 and weren't used anymore. Thus the ski jumping facility at Ebersberg dilapidated and was finally dismantled in 1991.
In the meantime, a small ski jump for juniors had been existing at Hasenkopf in Hohegeiß from 1950 onwards. When it was dilapidated by mid-1960s, the ski club constructed a new junior hill at upper Hasental in 1968. However, this ski jump was moved back to the old location at Hasenkopf in 1986, but only used for there a short time. Later the estate owner demanded its deconstruction and it disappeared in 1993.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

1)   Siegmar Huehne   wrote on 2013-04-02 at 14:53:

Bilder

Sehr guter Artikel, wenn man vieles miterlebt hat!
Gerne wuerde ich Bilder (JPG oder aehnlich) gesendet bekommen.
Beste Gruesse

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2023
www.skijumpinghills.com