|Hill record:||44.0 m|
|Year of construction:||1948|
|Status:||out of order|
|Ski club:||TuS Usseln, SC Usseln|
|Coordinates:||51.278593, 8.659610 ✔|
The first small ski jumping hill at Usseln in Hessia existed already in 1928 and was located at Lieth facing Diemeltal.
Only a few years later a larger hill was installed at "Kahler Pön", where around 20 meters could be reached.
After World War II Lohwaldschanze was constructed near the railway viaduct according to plans by Heini Klopfer and was opened in winter 1948-49. Until 1960's many regional competitions, especially for youngsters, but also state-wide competitons of Westgerman Ski Federation were held there. In order to enable night competitions even floodlights were installed in 1961-62, but in end 1960's the inrun tower had to be removed since it had become brittle, causing a longer ski jumping break.
The ski jumping tradition ought to be revived in 1979, when the then DSV ski jumping hill advisor Wolfgang Happle created a plan for a smaller Lohwald-Schanze with a new inrun and judges tower. This new K33 hill could be inaugurated with a junior competition in 1985-86. Unfortunately, now continuous development of ski jumping activities at Usseln could be reached in the following years.
A competition in 1995, with female participants competing, was the last event organized at Usseln. Nowadays kids interested in ski jumping can jump in neighbouring Willingen and the renovated judges tower of Lohwaldschanze serves as a site for educational forest and nature courses organized by the local school and kindergarden.