Recent news:

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

Renovation of Inselbergschanze possible – future Ladies’ World Cups as well?

From Olympic to junior ski jumps: Construction works in full swing

Construction of Olympic ski jumps for Beijing 2022 makes progress

Nordic Ski World Championships 2021 in Oberstdorf: Conversion has started

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2020-02-15

AUT-STBad Mitterndorf

2020-02-12

CZE-CHeřmaň   NEW!

2020-02-10

CZE-PČeská Kubice   NEW!

CZE-ZValašské Klobouky

SVKTatranská Polianka

FIN-LSHarjavalta

FIN-ISSiilinjärvi

2020-02-09

FIN-ESHelsinki

FIN-ESHelsinki   NEW!

FIN-ESHelsinki

FIN-ESHelsinki

FIN-ESHelsinki   NEW!

FIN-ESHelsinki

FIN-ESHelsinki   NEW!

FIN-ESHelsinki   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-HENiederreifenberg

Data | History | Hill records | Map | Comments

.

Weilsbergschanze:

K-Point: 50 m
Men Winter Hill record: 52.0 m (1971)
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1957
Conversions: 1964
Year of destruction: 1971
Status: destroyed

to top

History:

At the foot of Weilsberg, which is with 701 m altitude the fourth-highest mountain in Taunus, at the town Niederreifenberg a ski jumping hill was completed by the help of U.S. soldiers in 1957. Already a few years before, a temporal ski jump had been set up there, where distances of up to 50 meters could be reached, and so the new Weilsbergschanze with its 15 meter high wooden inrun tower should make jumps on 65 meters possible. In the end, only jumps on around 40 meters could be realized, but nevertheless the Hessian Championships of Nordic Combined could be organized in 1963.
In 1964 50,000 DM were invested by the Hessian ski association to renovate the hill. In 1971 a new hill record of 52 meters could be set up, but in the same year a 16-year-old ski jumper crashed and remained paraplegic. As a consequence the ski jump was closed due to constructional failures and removed.

Sources: Wikipedia, philipp-ludwigs-erben.de

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2020
www.skijumpinghills.com