Recent news:

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-08-09

SLOVelenje

2022-08-08

SLOMirna

2022-08-07

SLOLjubljana

2022-08-06

SLOLjubljana

2022-08-05

POL-KSzczawnica

POL-KSzczawnica

NOR-46Voss   NEW!

NOR-50Skaun   NEW!

NOR-03Oslo   NEW!

SLOMengeš

2022-08-04

USA-CTColebrook

SLOIhan

2022-08-03

NOR-30Bærum

FIN-LSSeinäjoki

SLOMirna   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-HEKassel

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Links | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Max-Höfer-Schanze:

K-Point: 40 m
Men Winter Hill record: 41.5 m
Year of construction: 1935
Conversions: 1957
Operating until: 1972
Year of destruction: 1980
Coordinates: 51.307631, 9.369466 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

Schanze am Herbsthäuschen:

K-Point: 25 m
Year of construction: 1928
Coordinates: 51.300756, 9.364581 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: KSV Hessen Kassel
Coordinates: 51.307631, 9.369466 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

The Habichtswald in the area of the 615-meter high "Hohen Gras" on the Kassel Wilhelmshöhe was once a popular winter sports area. The first ski jump there was built in 1928 at the old "Herbsthäuschen" (autumn house). Jumps of up to 26 meters were achieved there.
The Max-Höfer-Schanze, named after a jumper from KSV Hessen, was built in 1935 on the 565 m high Ziegenkopf. The hill allowed jumps of up to 40 meters, but became dilapidated after World War II. To start a reconstruction, American soldiers helped to blew up the 12-meter high inrun tower in 1956. In February 1958, the new ski jumping hill was inaugurated with a big competition in front of 5000 spectators. The wooden hill was then used until around 1972 and was finally torn down in 1980.

to top

Contact:

to top

Links:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com