|Hill record:||37.0 m (Alois Haberstock , 1958)|
|Year of construction:||1949|
|Ski club:||TSV Wiggensbach|
|Coordinates:||47.74993, 10.22294 ✔|
The Burgschanze in Wiggensbach in the Allgäu was planned in 1949 by ski jumping pioneer Toni Brutscher from Oberstdorf and built by TSV Wiggensbach. 2400 hours of voluntary work were spent to create the ski jump, including earthworks and the erection of the wooden inrun and jury towers. The inaugural competition in 1950 was then attended by 1,300 spectators.
From then on, in the winters often several competitions took place. In 1958, Alois Haberstock from Hindelang set the hill record of 37 meters. In 1960, the later Olympic champion Franz Keller from Nesselwang won the Allgäu youth championships on Burgschanze. In 1966, the inrun and judges towers were rebuilt and the hill profile was revised. In the following year, the Allgäu youth championships took place again in Wiggensbach and in 1973 a German national youth course. In 1974, the bridge in the outrun of the ski jump was washed away by a flood - which meant the end of ski jumping in Wiggensbach.