|Year of construction:||1933|
|Year of destruction:||1961|
|Ski club:||WSV Weißenstadt|
|Coordinates:||50.12366, 11.88678 ✔|
Already in 1920's the WSV Weißenstadt in Fichtel Mountains maintained the first ski jump which was situated at the border of Weißenhaid at so-called "Fischersrangen" opposite of the old tin works. From 1924 on competitions were staged there with distances up to 24 meters.
In 1932 a new ski jump was constructed and situated behind the nature lovers cabin “Zigeunermühle” Lehstenberg near Weißenstadt. After the opening competition in January 1933, when Georg Wehrmann jumped record distance of 15 meters, a 19 year-long pause followed.
In 1951 the completely dilapidated ski jumping hill was reconstructed in voluntary work through members of the re-founded winter sports club. On February 24, 1952 the second opening competition took place, attended by 1,500 spectators and because of the distance of the winner being only 30 meters, it was again enlarged at the inrun tower in summer 1953 and checked by the ski jump architect Heini Klopfer from Oberstdorf. In 1954 without further ado the name of the hill was changed, because now the main competition was called “Golden Cup of Waldsteinschanze”. The original Waldsteinschanze (K20) was situated at the mountain right next to it (879 m) and existed from 1925 to 1930 and belonged to the snow shoe department of Fichtelgebirge-umpires Münchberg.
This new golden challenge cup, donated by a curatorial of industrials, was first given to the single competition winner, later to the winning team. Until 1960 these well-frequented tournaments were the sportive highlight of this area. After the hill was demolished by young vandals in 1957, but later again repaired, in autumn 1960 putrescence of the wood were noticed and then the hill locked up for ski jumping. Finally in April 1961 a storm tore down the inrun tower. The idea of a new construction of a ski jump had to be buried mainly due to financial reasons and a lack of young jumpers coming up.