Recent news:

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!

Latest updates:






NOR-15Sæbø   NEW!


NOR-46Stord   NEW!

NOR-15Surnadal   NEW!

NOR-34Braskereidfoss   NEW!

NOR-30Bærums Verk   NEW!

NOR-15Surnadal   NEW!

NOR-34Tolga   NEW!

NOR-30Tranby   NEW!

NOR-30Drøbak   NEW!

NOR-34Moelv   NEW!





Peter Riedel Sports Technology

Skispringen-Community Forum




Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Videos | Comments



K-Point: 40 m
Men Winter Hill record: 41.0 m (František Vaculik CZE, 2005)
Women Summer Hill record: 39.5 m (Laura Kummer GER, 2012-07-22)
Coordinates: 48.396442, 12.016326 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
K-Point: 22 m
Men Winter Hill record: 22.0 m (Manfred Fuchs GER, 1997)
Women Summer Hill record: 16.0 m (Roxana Schug GER, 2007-07-21)
Coordinates: 48.396592, 12.016344 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Further jumps: K11
Plastic matting: yes
Year of construction: 1953
Conversions: 1962, 1978, 1998, 2019
Status: operating
Ski club: SC Auerbach
Coordinates: 48.396442, 12.016326 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top


The yearly arranged Rudi-Brauner-Memorial Competition makes people remember on the club founder and provider of ski jumping in the small town Auerbach in Oberbayern. The resettler from Altvatergebirge was responsible for the construction of the first small jump at Winterberg in 1952 and encouraged young people for ski jumping. With the foundation of the ski club in 1953 the construction of Winterbergschanze K30 began, which was designed by Heini Klopfer from Oberstdorf. On January 6, 1954 the official inauguration competition took place and from then on ski jumping was established and gained much attention in public. In every snow-secure winter competitions took place and everyone from the first to the recent club chairman, the faithful members and numerous helpers, tried to support life around the ski jump and always found means and ways to keep the ski jumping facility running and renew it:

1962 New-construction of K36 and a new judges tower
1963 Construction of the pupils jump, first K18 and later K22
1978 Renovation and enlargement of the jump into K40
1980 Construction of the machine and warming cabin with power and water connection
1982 As the first ski club in Europe (!) a artificial snowing machine is installed
1989 Plastic covering of pupils jump K22, then installation of a ceramic inrun trail
1994 Construction of K11 beginners jump
But then in 1997 time had come and Winterbergschanze was very dilapidated and had a old-fashioned profile, the removing of the jump was necessary. However, with the help of the community, the District Administrator, the BLSV and many voluntary workers and members it was possible to construct the largest plastic covered jumping facility of ski area Inn in only 24 months. On September 19, 1998 a large crowd attended the opening competition which was a Bavarian pupil’s cup event.
Yearly held national and international youngster’s competition prove the importance of the magnificent work done inside the club and with Ferdinand Bader a young jumpers was provided, who even managed to become part of the National Team A in 2004 and had some World Cup starts for Germany.

to top

Hill records K22 (Women):

to top


to top


to top

Photo gallery:

to top



to top


Post comment:

bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

1)   Max Goller   wrote on 2012-11-11 at 13:40:

erneuert mal das profile damals steht noch der alte trainerturm.

to top

Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2023