|Hill record:||61.5 m (Helmut Kurz , 1965)|
|Year of construction:||1927|
|Year of destruction:||1972|
|Ski club:||Skiclub Traunstein|
|Coordinates:||47.86121, 12.64470 ✔|
Bürgerwaldschanze was built in late 1920's for 14,000 Marks as a 40-meter hill near today's public pool in Traunstein. It was inaugurated with the Bavarian Championships in 1928. At the beginning of the 1930’s in the winter nearly every Sunday ski jumping competitions took place there, also with international ski jumpers. When such an event was, already at that time visitors had to pay before entering the facility. At that time, various kinds of championships, up to the German ones, were hosted at Traunstein.
After 1945, Bürgerwaldschanze was reconstructed as a 60-meter hill and the opening competition on January 10, 1950 was attended by more than 10,000 spectators. In the 50’s and 60’s, every year ski jumping competitions took place, but they only had a regional importance. A highlight were the Chiemgau Championships in 1965, when Helmut Kurz from Berchtesgaden set up a hill record of 61.5 meters.
Though there was hardly lack of snow during these times and the steep landing hill was also used for alpine skiing, interest in ski jumping declined more and more. Finally, in 1972 the large Bürgerwaldschanze was deconstructed.