|Hill record:||41.0 m (Helmut Matejka )|
|41.0 m (Sepp Mannl )|
|Year of construction:||1953|
|Year of destruction:||1956|
|Ski club:||SV 1949 Störnstein|
On January 6, 1953 the SV Störnstein founded a skiing division and very fast the idea of Hans Hofmann, a resettler from the giant mountains, to construct a ski jumping hill was developed.
In less than one month the plans were realized in the municipality counting only 450 inhabitants at that time, situated right next to Neustadt an der Waldnaab in Upper Palatinate. During first trial jumps it was soon figured out that the inrun was way too flat and jumpers couldn't jumper over the knoll due to the slow take-off speed. On the day before the inauguration works lasted until late night and a wooden strutcure was mounted on top of the inrun, which was then 21 meters high. On January 1953 hundreds of spectators gathered for the opening of ski jumping hill, which was named after the three stars featued on the town's coat of arms. People still remember latter competitions only starting after 2 p.m., because this was the arrival time of the train bringing most of the spectators.
Unfortunately ski jumping activities only lasted until 1956, because the rural district office demanded the deconstruction of the jump since it was partially fixed onto surrounding trees, which was statically insufficient and meant a serious danger.