Recent news:

The ski jumping hill dictionary

More than 5000 ski jumping hills in our archives!

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

Renovation of Inselbergschanze possible – future Ladies’ World Cups as well?

From Olympic to junior ski jumps: Construction works in full swing

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2020-06-02

GER-SNGrüna

GER-SNEilenburg

GER-BYBodenmais

AUT-VBezau

CZE-TNýdek

ESTTallinn

2020-06-01

GER-BYBad Feilnbach

AUT-STMurau

POL-SGilowice

POL-KChochołów

2020-05-31

AUT-KVelden

AUT-KVelden

2020-05-30

AUT-STBad Mitterndorf

AUT-STBad Mitterndorf

AUT-STBad Mitterndorf

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-BYSchwarzenbach am Wald

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Links | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Döbrabergschanze:

K-Point: 36 m
Men Winter Hill record: 45.0 m (Heinrich Zapf BRD)
Take-off height: 2.8 m
Further jumps: K20
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1951
Conversions: 1958, 1967
Year of destruction: 1972
Status: destroyed
Ski club: WSV Schwarzenbach, FWV Schwarzenbach

to top

History:

At the beginning of 1930’s the first small ski jumping hill of the Upper Franconian Schwarzen­bach was constructed on “Bergwiese” near the trail of the t-bar ski lift, but with the beginning of World War II skiing activities were disrupted. This eventually changed on October 5th 1951, when the proposal for the construction of a new ski jumping hill with costs of about 9300 German Marks was made.
Then even 600 spectators attended the opening competition on the new ski jumping hill at Döbraberg (794 meters above sea level) on February 3, 1952. Constructor of the new facility was the famous ski jumper and architect Heini Klopfer from Oberstdorf, but especially due to the skiers and operatives Max Jahn and Georg Maier the new ski jumping hill could be set up and open new sportive perspectives for the region around Hof.
In 1958 a 12 meters high judge’s tower was built for about 4500 German Marks and changes were made to the 2.80 meters high takeoff of the ski jump in order to reduce jumping distances. The relatively short outrun, which couldn’t be enlarged due to terrain conditions, had its perfidies with jumps over the K-Point and led many jumpers into difficulties. Additionally sometimes an uncomfortable western wind had a bad impact on the jumpers, too. Nevertheless manifold competitions just like cup and fellowship tournaments had been organized enthusiastically over the years, but could only be continued by the 1961 founded WSV until 1965.
Then the out-dated ski jumping hill construction had immense technical and constructive deficiencies and a reconstruction could not be afforded due to financial and sportive reasons. In 1967 the inrun tower was demolished, in 1972 the other parts of the area. The ski jumping section dis­in­te­grated and only alpine and cross-country skiers have been continuing to perform their sports at Döbraberg.

to top

Contact:

to top

Links:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2020
www.skijumpinghills.com