|Hill record:||40.5 m (Adolf Ploß , 1954-01-17)|
|Year of construction:||1953|
|Year of destruction:||1964|
|Ski club:||TV Schönwald|
|Coordinates:||50.205870, 12.085360 ✔|
As it is written in the club chronicle, members of TV Schönwald asked for building a ski jump on the annual general meeting in 1952. The proposal for that was made in autumn the same year, so the works could start in 1953.
The Bavarian Ski Association was responsible for the drafts in collaboration with the famous Heini Klopfer, a former ski jumper and later architect. Thanks to the other youth organizations in town, who did not ask for support from the community, TV Schönwald received 3000 German Marks, which helped at paying the construction costs of 10000 Marks.
On January 17th 1954, the opening competition was held. Among the 40 competitors was Adolf Ploß from Selb, who set the hill record which never could be reached.
Only ten years later, the wooden construction had to be deconstructed due to deterioration. The landing slope was filled up with demolition waste. The ski jump is hardly visible these days.