Recent news:

From Olympic to junior ski jumps: Construction works in full swing

Construction of Olympic ski jumps for Beijing 2022 in full swing!

Nordic Ski World Championships 2021 in Oberstdorf: Conversion has started

2000 ski jumping facilities in the archive!

All or nothing: Braunlage tries to make the dream of a large hill become true

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2019-08-24

SLOPlanica

2019-08-23

SLOPolje

2019-08-22

GER-SNPöhla

2019-08-21

GER-BYBerchtesgaden

2019-08-20

GER-SNStützengrün

2019-08-19

CZE-TKozloviče

CZE-TBílá

GER-SNRittersgrün

CHNZhangjiakou

2019-08-18

GER-SNRodewisch

2019-08-17

GER-SNKlingenthal

2019-08-16

ISLSiglufjörður   NEW!

GER-SNKlingenthal

2019-08-15

GER-SNKlingenthal

CZE-LLiberec

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-BYPeißenberg

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Comments

.

Sulzer-Schanze:

K-Point: 50 m
Men Winter Hill record: 48.0 m
Year of construction: 1947
Year of destruction: 1954

Schanze am Eberlhofkreuz:

K-Point: 24 m
Men Winter Hill record: 29.0 m (Georg Bauer GER)
Year of construction: 1931
Year of destruction: 1939
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: DAV & WSV Peißenberg

to top

History:

From 1924 on the male youngsters of the town Peißenberg constructed in winter times their first little ski jump at the flagpole on Guggenberg, on which later jumps up to 15 meters were performed.
When skiing-enthusiast Sepp Hanser relocated from Allgaeu to the mart community in 1925 and ran a manufacture for making wooden skis together with his compatriot and saw mill owner Ressler, skiing activities started flourishing. This increasing interest lead to the founding of a winter sports club in 1929 and since the ski jumping hill at the flagpole did no longer correspond demands, the decision to build up a new ski jump at Eberlhofkreuz fell. At that time the works were done by several unemployed members of the ski club and in March 1932 the new ski jumping hill was successfully inaugurated.
On this natural ski jump many competitions, especially the carnival tournaments of “ski cannons”, were avidly hosted. Unforgettable was the costume of master joiner Bosle, who jumped over the hill with a wooden construct and painted cloth looking like a giraffe at the carnival jamboree in 1934! Unfortunately the ski club disintegrated with the beginning of World War II in 1939, the ski jump dilapidated and only the hill record of Georg Bauer (29 meters), a man from Weilheim starting for WSV Peißenberg, stayed in minds.
In the years after the war the local Alpine Association initiated the construction of a new ski jumping hill and in 1947 Hans Stadler began to lead the works of building a jump above Sulzer pond, designed by ski jump architect C. J. Luther. It was a painful handcraft and mostly only on weekends the people of Peißenberg could set up the wooden inrun tower and do soil works for the landing hill on the muddy ground. On January 16, 1949 the inauguration of the new ski jump was celebrated and sixty jumpers joined the opening competition. In 1950 the skiing championships of Werdenfels district followed, afterwards some other tournaments and competitions of Nordic combined. But then in 1954 the jump came to a sudden end, when some trees crashed into the 10 meters high inrun construct of the jump during lumber works and damaged it heavily. The claims were paid by the brewery owner who also owned the forest, but it didn’t come to a reconstruction of the ski jumping hill.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2019
www.skijumpinghills.com