|Hill record:||48.0 m|
|Year of construction:||1953|
|Ski club:||SC Pegnitz|
|Coordinates:||49.74932, 11.56593 ✔|
In order to celebrate the 600th anniversary of the town Pegnitz in Franconian “Little Switzerland” the Hainbergschanze at Hainbronn was inaugurated on 1955-02-20. Responsible for the planning of the 40 meter hill, which was opened at an attendance of 3,500 spectators, was Rudolf Karasek from newly founded Skiclub Pegnitz and in addition to numerous voluntary workers an US-American pioneer battalion joined for doing the soil works during the 2 years of construction time. Unfortunately the ski jumping enthusiasm around the 565 m high hill which is vernacularly called “Großkappn” didn’t last to long and already in the late 1960’s the ski jumping hill was closed. Today only the take-off is left as an evidence of the winter sports history.