|Year of construction:||1948|
|Year of construction:||1958|
|Ski club:||WSV Oberwarmensteinach|
|Coordinates:||49.99202, 11.80479 ✔|
With big efforts and under the leading of C. J. Luther (Partenkirchen) and architect R. Reissinger the Frankenschanze was built in 1948 in about 2000 hours of work. The season 48/49 then finally brought the yearned for opening competition, with the presence of 3,000 spectators Paul Burger made the first jump on the new hill.
In autumn 1953 the necessary improvement, especially in the outrun, could be made with the money given by the government of Middle Franconia. With money earned from sports betting the takeoff could be rebuilt in 1954.
For the season 1958/59 the ski club wanted to host again a great championship at also got it. On January 24 and 25, 1959 the Bavarian Junior Championships took place at Oberwarmensteinach. Much advertising was made and many politicians and business owners donated or gave prices for the tournament. Just in time the construction of the Jugendschanze which is parallel to Frankenschanze could be finished. This event was a great success in the view of sports and organization concerns.
In the year of 1959 the Jugendschanze beside the road had to be destructed, because the land owners of the area had changed. Although the ski club owned a well-working double hill facility in Mausbachtal, in the following years the interest of teenagers and children for ski jumping was strongly declining.
The youth preparation was no more worthwhile and the ski jumps were slowly dilapidating. Although there had been no votes against a renovation or reconstruction and the ski jump committee asked for the costs of it, the hours of the Frankenschanze were counted.
In summer 1962 the tower of the jump was nearly breaking down and had to be set down, because there was an order of the Landratsamt Bayreuth. This was the beginning of the end, although there were often efforts made for the reconstruction, but all failed.