|Hill record:||59.0 m (Helmut Böck , 1959-01-30)|
|Tower height:||19 m|
|Year of construction:||1932|
|Ski club:||WSV Kiefersfelden|
|Coordinates:||47.61019, 12.18198 ✔|
WSV Kiefersfelden started the construction of a first ski jumping hill in the borderland to Austria in 1932. The hill, which was built according to plans by architect Fuchs, allowed jumps between 20 and 30 meters, and thus didn't satisfy the expectations of ambitious ski jumpers from Kiefersfelden. Thus the hill called "Saubichl" was constantly improved until it made distances of up to 50 meters possible. Then the championships of Inn district could be organized for first time in 1933-34.
Directly after World War II the hill was renovated, a Christmas competition and Inn district championships already oragnized in 1946-47. In order to make even Bavarian championships possible a conversion according to FIS norms and plans by Werl and Sailer was decided in 1950 and realized before the winter.
Only a little more than two years later the decision was made to further extend Grenzland-Schanze. Works on the new 19 meter high inrun tower were completed in October 1953 and on 1954-01-10 the new hill was inaugurated. For a first time the "winter games of the German skiing youth" could be held in Kiefersfelden in 1955. Four years later then also the first Bavarian Nordic Ski Champonships in 1959. After that it became more quiet around Grenzlandschanze, which can hardly be recognized anymore today.
Nowadays the ski jumping division of WSV Kiefersfelden is still active, but mainly using ski jumps in the vicinity for organizing smaller tryout and junior competitions for kids.