|Year of construction:||1932|
|Year of destruction:||1980|
|Ski club:||SG Hausham|
|Coordinates:||47.74347, 11.83511 ✔|
Thanks to lots of working hours, the wintersportsmen from Hausham made their dream work: They built their own ski jumping hill. The Jahn-Schanze at the Huberspitz hill was inaugurated on December 25th 1932. In the following years, it was frequently used. Not only by those who already were passionate about wintersports, but also newbies came to jump. The most successful athlete from Hausham was Sepp Kimpfbeck, who also competed internationally. His biggest success was becoming an Olympian in 1936.
The ski jump was still used after World War II, in the 1950's and 1960's ski jumping had a revival in town. But, because Alpine Skiing got more and more popular, the history of the ski jump was over at the beginning of the 1980's. The landing slope was flattened in order to make skiing possible. But nowadays, even the ski lift Huberspitz does not exist anymore.