Recent news:

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2023-01-31

LATRīga   NEW!

UKRVorokhta

SLOSopota

SLOPodbrezje

GER-BYSachrang

2023-01-30

GER-BYTraunstein

2023-01-29

AUT-STMürzzuschlag

2023-01-28

ITABormio

POL-TRuczynów

AUT-KReichenfels

2023-01-27

AUT-STBad Mitterndorf

2023-01-26

GER-BWHinterzarten

AUT-OOBad Goisern

2023-01-25

AUT-SBischofshofen

2023-01-24

AUT-STAflenz

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-BYHammer

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Georg-Planer-Schanzen:

K-Point: 38 m
Men Winter Hill record: 41.5 m (Tobias Bogner GER, 2003)
Further jumps: K21
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1962
Conversions: 1997, 2003, 2007
Status: out of order
Ski club: SC Hammer
Coordinates: 47.798532, 12.703206 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Already in 1937 the first ski jump at the small village Hammer near Siegsdorf in Chiemgau was built, which allowed jumps up to 36 m.
After the founding of SC Hammer Sulzbergschanze could be inaugurated in 1948 with distances jumped up to 28 meters, but a lot of athletes couldn't stand their jumps. As a consequence architect Fred Heiler reworked the hill profile and in 1949 junior jumper Helmuth Wegscheider could set up the first hill record of 34 meters. In thw following years a few competitions were organized each year and in 1951 Wegscheider even became German Youth Champion and later member of the German national team. First provisional works had to be carried out on the jump in 1955, but in 1958 it had to be closed down due to danger of collapse and one year later it was even removed.
In 1962 the new 40 meter hill at Sulzberg was built only around 500 meters from the old one. On February 3, 1963 it was opened and in March Wegscheider set up a hill record of 39.5 m during the Chiemgau Cup. Part of the landing hill was damaged by a landslide in spring 1963, but Sulzbergschanze could be repaired in time for the Chiemgau youth championships in 1964. In subsequent years the landing area slid away several times, but could always be repaired with great passion and a "Mini Four Hills Tournament" was established with a stage at Hammer on "Georg-Planer-Schanze" the junior hill at "Strahleit'n". Bavarian youth championships could be organized together with SC Traunstein in 1979. In this period Lorenz Wegscheider realized a hill record of 44 meters.
In 1997 an additional 21-meter-hill was built at Georg Planer ski jumping center at Sulzberg. After another landslide in 2003 the ski jumps had to be renewed and modernized in 2003. Another modernization took place in 2007.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2023
www.skijumpinghills.com