Recent news:

The story behind the lost ski jumping hills in Poland

The ski jumping hill dictionary

More than 5000 ski jumping hills in our archives!

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

Renovation of Inselbergschanze possible – future Ladies’ World Cups as well?

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2020-07-03

GER-THSchirnrod

GER-SNBärenstein (Altenberg)

CZE-UOsek

AUT-TRattenberg   NEW!

2020-07-02

GER-SNSchirgiswalde

CZE-TFrenštát pod Radhoštěm

GER-SNOybin

CZE-ZRožnov pod Radhoštěm

CZE-LLomnice nad Popelkou

POL-EŁódź

POL-EŁódź

POL-GGdańsk

POL-GGdańsk

POL-GSopot

POL-GWejherowo

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-BYFüssen

Bad Faulenbach

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Faulenbach-Schanzen:

K-Point: 51 m
Men Summer Hill record: 58.5 m (Klemens Murańka POL, 2006-07-29)
58.5 m (Tomasz Byrt POL, 2006-07-29)
K-Point: 20 m
Ladies Summer Hill record: 20.5 m (Joanna Eberle GER, 2017-07-29)
20.5 m (Joanna Eberle GER, 2017-07-29)
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: yes
Year of construction: 1922
Conversions: 1971, 1984, 2004
Status: operating
Ski club: Ski-Club Füssen, TG Ostallgäu

to top

History:

In 1922, the first ski jumping hill was set up at Faulenbach Valley in the village Bad Faulenbach belonging to Füssen. Some years later it was enlarged and jumps up to 35 m were now possible. In 1939, the Allgäu ski jumping championships took place on the hill. After the construction of the large hill at Kobel the Faulenbach ski jump became less important and was slowly dilapidating.
Then in 1971, the jump was renewed into a K45 hill based on the initiative of the ski club of Füssen. In 1984-85, again conversion and enlargement of the ski jumping hill was necessary and the small K20 was built, too. 15 years later the jump was not fulfilling the latest standards anymore and so there was a plan to reconstruct the hill with plastic covering, to be able to jump also in summer. 2004 was also the year of the 90th anniversary of the Skiclub Füssen and because of this date in November 2004 the new K51 ski jump was completed. On September 11, 2005 the inaugural competition on plastic mattings was held. In summer 2007 the K20 hill received plastic covered as well.
Today, there is the so-called "training group East Allgäu" with ski jumpers and nordic combined not only of SC Füssen, but also SC Pfronten, SK Nesselwang and TSV Schwangau. The K51 hill is out of repair once again, but at least it can still be used during summer.

to top

Hill records K51 (Men):

to top

Hill records K20 (Ladies):

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2020
www.skijumpinghills.com