|Hill record:||30.0 m (Waldemar Hermann , 1955)|
|Year of construction:||1953|
|Year of destruction:||1960|
|Ski club:||SV Wacker Burghausen|
Burghausen in Upper Bavaria with its world-famous and impressive fortress is also home to one of the finest Rococo churches of Bavaria. Following the B20 along Salzach in the direction of the town district Raitenhaslach, the pilgrimage church St Maria Himmelfahrt is enthroning on about 450 m over Marienberg settlement.
Not far from the church the "Wackerians" of the skiing departement found an appropriate slope for the construction of a ski jumping hill, which was completed in 1953. Engineer J. Reisinger was aleading wintersports club member and planned the big inrun tower made of steel pipes and covered with wood. Its assembly as well as soil works on the landing hill were done by the club members themselves. The speaker facility was installed by the local Maser company and the fire brigade of Raitenhaslach blocked the roads. The wintersports day organized for the inauguration was of course held with cross-country races and a ski jumping competition.
A remarkable audience of 1000 spectators attended a competition in 1955, when longer distances were reached than in the previous years and also external ski jumpers participated. The old hill record was beaten by 5 meters, but there were also falls with injuries. Since the left-turning outrun had a small slope towards the right it was quite challenging for some of the jumpers. After the competitions people gathered in Marienberg guesthouse for the award ceremonies.
Unfortunately there were no more competitions of that kind afterwards. As far at it is remembered, only few internal jumpers went over the hill and already by 1960 the ski jump was dismantled.