|Hill Size:||HS 71|
|Summer hill record:||73.5 m (Patrick Kaiser , 2009-08-30)|
|Ladie's summer record:||70.5 m (Coline Mattel , 2011-08-13, L-COC)|
|70.5 m (Coline Mattel , 2011-08-14, L-COC)|
|Inrun length:||66.4 m|
|Take-off length:||5.7 m|
|Take-off height:||1.6 m|
|Hill Size:||HS 34|
|Summer hill record:||29.5 m (Pascal Steinert , 2015-05-24)|
|Ladie's summer record:||30.5 m (Emilia Görlich , 2015-05-24)|
|Year of construction:||2015|
|Year of construction:||2009|
|Year of construction:||1933|
|Ski club:||SC Bischofsgrün|
The first ski jumping hill on 1024 m high Ochsenkopf at Bischofsgrün in 1933 already had a wooden inrun tower (K35) and was a very famous meeting point of ski jumpers in snow-secure Fichtelgebirge until 1950’s. Numerous competitions were held on it and the best ski jumpers from east and west went over the bakken. With sportive contacts to Oberhof it was possible to learn about the new plastic covered hill there in 1956 and then the ski club made efforts to have a summer ski jumping surface also at Bischofsgrün. Supported by the company Braun & Wettberg from Black Forest it was possible to open the first plastic covered ski jumping hill (K54) of the western world (!) in front of 20,000 spectators in 1957. After that Bischofsgrün was the first address for successful summer ski jumping events.
Then in 1975 the conversion into a K60 was made and two years later the K20 hill followed.
In middle 1990’s it was necessary to modernize the hill totally in order to fulfil newest ski jumping regulations and jumping styles. In 2000 the inrun tower was removed and the hill new profiled. In 2002 the new inrun of the ski jump was completed and a heat able glass ceramic inrun trail installed, which can be used both, in summer and in winter time, with best gliding features. By the way, this system was invented by Joachim Winterlich, the former coach of Jens Weißflog. But in May 2003 the re-construction was faced to a strong set-back when the landing hill slid of over night.
The consequence was a long lasting odyssey of cause review with advisory opinions and opinions against, insurance conflicts, court hearings etc, until summer 2006 when the decision for Ochsenkopfschanze was fallen.
Nevertheless, at the beginning of 2006 there was good news for the people of Bischofsgrün, because the “Oberfranken Foundation” paid for a part of the pre-financing (part of regional promotion) and then the construction works on the ski jumping hill could restart in fall 2006.
In the scope of a Ladies COC in summer 2007 the inauguration of the new plastic covered HS 71 jump was celebrated. Additionally a K15 junior ski jumping hill was opened in May 2009. In summer 2013 the planning of the construction of an additional K30 junior hill has started, and was realized for around half a million Euros by 2015. Its inauguration was celebrated with a Pentecost competition on May 24, 2015.