Recent news:

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!

Latest updates:


NOR-30Momoen   NEW!

NOR-34Mengshol   NEW!



NOR-42Mandal   NEW!

NOR-30Lillestrøm   NEW!

NOR-34Skarnes   NEW!


NOR-54Kåfjord   NEW!

NOR-34Ottestad   NEW!

NOR-34Ottestad   NEW!










Peter Riedel Sports Technology

Skispringen-Community Forum


GERGER-BYBayerisch Eisenstein

Data | History | Hill records | Competitions | Contact | Links | Map | Photo gallery | Comments



K-Point: 58 m
Men Winter Hill record: 59.0 m (Peter Grillhösl GER, 1997-01-01)
59.0 m (Tobias Haisl GER, 1997-01-01)
K-Point: 38 m
Men Winter Hill record: 31.0 m (Jakob Seifried GER, 1997-01-01)
31.0 m (Thomas Brunnbauer GER, 1997-01-01)
Women Winter Hill record: 24.0 m (Nicole Hauer GER, 1997-01-01)
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1925
Conversions: 1952, 1980, 1990
Operating until: ca. 2002
Status: out of order
Ski club: SV Bayerisch Eisenstein 1920
Coordinates: 49.118684, 13.186993 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top


Like all winter sports resorts in the Bavarian Forest, Bayerisch Eisenstein only had one snow jump at the beginning of the 1920s. There was the ski jump on the Häuslberg, later the one on the Seitzhügel. The first publicly mentioned jumping competitions had been recorded in 1912!
After the First World War the call for a better and bigger ski jumping hill became loud and in the period from 1925 to 1927 Munich Reichswehr pioneers built the Bayerwaldschanze. After it was opened, a year later it was provided with an extended wooden structure, and thus jumps of 35 to 45 m were possible. In 1930 the Bavarian Championships were held successfully and there were many Gaume Championship competitions until 1940.
In 1949, the ski club started to rebuild the ski jump and reconstructed the take-off table and the inrun as a wooden structure. In 1952 the large, 20-meter high wooden inrun tower was built, so that the K-point was now 57 m. A little later, the smaller K38 youth ski jump was built.
In 1968 the dilapidated inrun tower had to be blown up and in the 1970s only the smaller natural hill existed. In 1980 ski jumping revived and with the help of English pioneers - they exercised winter camps in Bavaria - the new profile of the natural hill K53 was built. The last reconstruction took place in 1990, where the Bayerwaldschanze was expanded again to a 60-meter hill.
In 1998-1999, the plans for the construction of the Arber ski area performance center also included the reconstruction of the two Bayerwaldschanzen. However, this had to be discarded by the ski association for financial reasons. Since the beginning of the 2000s there has been no jumping on the Bayerwaldschanzen and the first birch trees are growing on the landing slope.

to top

Hill records K58 (Men):

to top

Hill records K38 (Men):

to top


to top


to top


to top


to top

Photo gallery:


to top


Post comment:

bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

1)   Richard Cichon   wrote on 2014-02-21 at 20:35:


habe Anfang der 70 bei euch nach der Vergrößerung der Schanze durch die Engländer an einem Fußballspiel ( Engländer - Bayrisch Eisenstein ) teilgenommen.Machte bei dem Spiel 4 Tore glaube ich.Meine Eltern ,meine Schwester und ich ( damals ca.15 Jahre ) machten zu diesem Zeitpunkt Urlaub bei euch.Wir wohnten im Hotel Post nicht weit vom Freibad und Grenze entfernt.Würde gerne Fotos von dieser Zeit ansehen.Vielleicht kann mir geholfen werden.Danke im voraus.
Richard Cichon

to top

Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2023