Recent news:

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!

Latest updates:





CZE-HJánské Láznĕ




POL-DSzklarska Poręba

NOR-03Oslo   NEW!


NOR-34Moelv   NEW!

NOR-30Skotselv   NEW!

NOR-38Notodden   NEW!

NOR-38Sandefjord   NEW!

NOR-34Skjåk   NEW!

NOR-18Sulitjelma   NEW!


NOR-30Ski   NEW!





Peter Riedel Sports Technology

Skispringen-Community Forum


GERGER-BYBad Feilnbach

Data | History | Hill records | Map | Photo gallery | Comments



K-Point: 49 m
Men Winter Hill record: 54.0 m (Manfred Runge BRD)
K-Point: 22 m
Men Winter Hill record: 26.5 m (Toni Steinbauer GER, 1997-01-06)
26.5 m (Toni Steinbauer GER, 1997-01-06)
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1932
Conversions: 1964-65
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SV Bad Feilnbach
Coordinates: 47.7652829, 12.0047516 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top


Already since 1932 there had been a 30 meter natural ski jumping hill at Bad Feilnbach, whose landing slope was hand carved with shovels by the members of the sports club. But when large parts of the landing zone were newly declared as housing estates by Bad Feilnbach community in 1961, former club chairs Bruno Meier and Wolfgang von Feilitzsch had to look for a new space to ski jump.
Around 250 m above the old hill the found a suitable place and the decision to build the a new hill there was made in 1964. The estate was owned by a couple of formers, who had to be compensated by the price of 8 centners of hay per year. Construction costs were estimated at 35,000 DM, of which 20,000 DM were contributed by the district government. The original inrun structure was designed by a frame carpenter from Gundelsberg. Measurement of the landing hill was done single-handedly and it was adapted by a catarpillar.
However, during leveling works it turned out that the slope became to steep, since the radii had been misscalculated. As a consequence the whole jump had to be moved up by a few meters, but the foundations for take-off and inrun had already been layed. While upper foundations remained, the take-off had to be moved back by 4 meters. Thus a 4m x 4m sized function room planned beneath it couldn't be realized. By planting willow fascines the too steep knoll was prevented from slipping down. However, due to its increased height the inrun tower had to be re-projected. As a result, the amount of wood needed for the complicated structure became 5 times as much! Then the new plans could finally be revised and approved by renown ski jumping hill architect and constructor Heini Klopfer.
The inauguration event of new Hirschgraben-Schanze was then finally held on January 6, 1965. A few year later the 22-meter hill was added, leading into the same landing hill. In the following years regular competitions were hosted on this second largest jumping hill of the ski federation of Inngau. Among them were district, Nordic and Bavarian championships with up to 100 participants from Allgaeu (Oberstdorf, Isny), Isar valley, Degenfeld, Berchtesgaden and also Austria (Wörgl, Wildschönau). The ski jumping facility was considered as an ideal youth training hill.
However, as DSV kept increasing its standards for the operation of the ski jumping hill during 1990's and the local ski jumping group had deceased, the hill was closed down after the last competition in winter 1999, although it was still in a good structural condition. Due to dilapidation it was then finally dismantled in 2011.

to top

Hill records K49 (Men):

to top

Hill records K22 (Men):

to top


to top

Photo gallery:


to top


Post comment:

bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top

Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2023