Recent news:

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

Renovation of Inselbergschanze possible – future Ladies’ World Cups as well?

From Olympic to junior ski jumps: Construction works in full swing

Construction of Olympic ski jumps for Beijing 2022 makes progress

Nordic Ski World Championships 2021 in Oberstdorf: Conversion has started

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2020-01-16

ROUBorşa

NOR-04Våler

SWESollentuna

2020-01-14

UKRVorokhta

2020-01-12

CHNJilin

HUNSátoraljaújhely

HUNLillafüred

2020-01-11

FIN-LSHarjavalta

POL-DSzklarska Poręba

RUSKudymkar

POL-EŁódź

POL-RStrachocina

USA-CTSalisbury

LATSigulda

LATPļaviņas

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-BYAschau am Inn

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Comments

.

Jahnschanze:

K-Point: 40 m
Men Winter Hill record: 45.0 m
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1956
Year of destruction: 1968
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SV Aschau

to top

History:

Already in early 1950's ski jumpers from Aschau competed in numerous ski jumping competitions from Berchtesgaden to Bayrisch Zell. The frist official competition at Aschau am Inn wes held on the natural ski jumping hill at Tödtenberg in 1956.
At the same time the construction of Jahnschanze between Hörmannsberg and Waldwinkel started. Architect was the constructor of the ski flying hill at Oberstdorf Heini Klopfer. After he had heard about the sacrifices that the people from Aschau had made for the building of the ski jump, he even resigned any charge. In 1957 the Jahnschanze was inaugurated attended by around 4000 spectators.
Highlights of this period were the Inngau championships of seniors in 1959 and the district junior championships in 1960 that were held unobstructedly by great attendences. With around 20 junior and senior ski jumpers Aschau had the biggest ski jumping departement of whole Inngau.
Due to lack of snow many cubic meters of snow had to be carried to the hill or competitions were completely cancelled. The wooden structure of the ski jump was dilapidating due to weather influences and was finally removed in 1968.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2020
www.skijumpinghills.com