Recent news:

From Olympic to junior ski jumps: Construction works in full swing

Construction of Olympic ski jumps for Beijing 2022 makes progress

Nordic Ski World Championships 2021 in Oberstdorf: Conversion has started

2000 ski jumping facilities in the archive!

All or nothing: Braunlage tries to make the dream of a large hill become true

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2019-11-15

AUT-WWien

2019-11-14

GER-SNHallbach   NEW!

GER-SNOlbernhau

AUT-WWien

2019-11-13

GER-BYOberstdorf

AUT-WWien

2019-11-12

CZE-LJosefův Důl

2019-11-11

RUSSvetogorsk   NEW!

AUT-STMariazell

2019-11-10

AUT-TSt. Johann in Tirol

2019-11-09

AUT-TKössen

2019-11-08

AUT-NOSt. Aegyd

2019-11-07

GER-BYHammer

2019-11-06

GER-BYAuerbach (Bayern)

2019-11-05

CZE-LJablonec nad Nisou   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-BYArzberg

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Comments

.

Klingelbrunnenschanze:

K-Point: 35 m
Men Winter Hill record: 42.0 m (Heinrich Zapf BRD)
Further jumps: K20
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1927
Conversions: 1947 &1956
Status: destroyed
Ski club: TS Arzberg

to top

History:

In the end of 1920’s, when skiing activities bloomed up and jumps were built in many places, this development also started at Arzberg, a small town in eastern Upper-Franconia. Arthur Stöhr and the local skiing pioneers constructed a ski jumping hill with wooden inrun construction in manual work at Klingelbrunnen, which wasn’t that easy in these times. On-site trees were cut, limbed and barked and the carpentered together for the inrun ramp.
In 1940 the last competition on this jump was held and during World War II the inrun tower descended. But already very shortly after the war the local “Turnerschaft” started the reconstruction and in 1947 the jump was inaugurated once again. There were many different ski jumping competitions in early 1950’s, although the winters were not really good due to the low altitude. The wooden construction was changed and improved steadily and so Arthur Stöhr took the chance once again, when the “Bayernwerk” modernized their electricity network. The removed power poles were sold very cheaply to the ski club and then put together by the voluntary workers for the new 18 meter high inrun construction. In 1956 it was completed, but no more than two years later it was officially approved!
Unfortunately the interest in ski jumping declined in whole Germany at the end of 1960’s. Just as in Arzberg, where the last ski jumping competition was held in 1967. In 1976 the Klingelbrunnen-Schanze had to be removed and today the copied wooden jump in midget format, which could be seen on the cart of the “Turnerschaft” at an historical pageant, still reminds of the former ski jumping epoch.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2019
www.skijumpinghills.com