Recent news:

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-07-06

SLORavne na Koroškem

SLOSnežnik   NEW!

SLOZabrdje

SLOJuršinci

2022-07-05

SVKŠtrbské Pleso

SVKVysoké Tatry

SVKVysoké Tatry

2022-07-04

USA-CTWinsted   NEW!

ITALimone Piemonte   NEW!

FIN-ISVarpaisjärvi

AUT-TKitzbühel

GER-NIBraunlage

2022-07-01

SLOJavorovica   NEW!

SWE-22Sjöbo   NEW!

SWE-21Tranås    NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-BWTodtnau

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Comments

.

Wiesentalschanze:

K-Point: 45 m
Men Winter Hill record: 55.0 m (Ewald Roscher BRD, 1951-02-11)
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1949
Operating until: Ca. 1970
Status: destroyed
Coordinates: 47.831421, 7.943270 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

Tholus-Schanze:

K-Point: 40 m
Men Winter Hill record: 47.0 m
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1931
Operating until: Ca. 1945
Status: destroyed
Coordinates: 47.833508, 7.952400 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Further jumps: no
Coordinates: 47.830243, 7.945560 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

In 1931, the first ski jumping hill in Todtnau was built. To honor the main initiator of the establishment of ski club Todtnau in 1891, Dr. Tholus, the hill was named "Tholus-Schanze". Already in the next year, the "Black Forest Championships", consisting of a ski jumping competition and a cross country race, were held. The longest jump on this hill was 47 meters.
After World War II, the club aimed for a construction of a new ski jump, which also matched international standards. And so in 1949, a new location was found and the jump was built within only a couple of months until November 1949. This new hill was called "Wiesentalschanze".
In the following years, various competitions took place and well-known German jumpers like Alfred Schäfer and the two hill record holders Max Helmer and Ewald Roscher attended.
But, the history of the ski jump did not last for too long, only until the end of the 1960's. Inrun and judges' tower were demolished afterwards and most of the area was re-cultivated. The landing slope is meanwhile overgrown, while the outrun area is used as a drill ground of the local dog club.

to top

Hill records K45 (Men):

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com