Recent news:

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-07-06

SLORavne na Koroškem

SLOSnežnik   NEW!

SLOZabrdje

SLOJuršinci

2022-07-05

SVKŠtrbské Pleso

SVKVysoké Tatry

SVKVysoké Tatry

2022-07-04

USA-CTWinsted   NEW!

ITALimone Piemonte   NEW!

FIN-ISVarpaisjärvi

AUT-TKitzbühel

GER-NIBraunlage

2022-07-01

SLOJavorovica   NEW!

SWE-22Sjöbo   NEW!

SWE-21Tranås    NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-BWBad Herrenalb

Data | History | Contact | Map | Comments

.

Talwiesenschanze:

K-Point: 40 m
Year of construction: 1955
Year of destruction: 1967
K40 (1955-1967)K35 (1936-1955)

Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1936
Conversions: 1955
Year of destruction: 1967
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Skizunft Bad Herrenalb e.V.
Coordinates: 48.769268, 8.442524 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Skizunft Herrenalb inaugurated the Albtalschanze, which was located on Talwiese in Gaistal, a village located south of Bad Herrenalb, in 1937. To comply with hill profile requirements of the German Ski Association, a 4.9 meter high inrun tower had to be constructed, from which a 32 meter long, 3 meter wide and 25° sloped inrun track went down, supported by wooden stelts. What followed was 28 meter long natural inrun part, which led to the take-off, enabling ski jumps around 25 meters. Such a inrun structure, which appears to be very flat, was the norm for small ski jumping hills with distances up to 30 meters at that time.
In mid 1950's the inrun tower was replaced by a new one, now enabling jumps of up to 40 meters. At the time when more and more ski lifts were built in northern Black Forest, also a lift was built at Talwiese in Herrenalb in 1966, right next to the ski jump. The hill, which had been out of order already for a few years, was then closed down and removed in spring 1967 to widen the alpine skiing slope.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com