Recent news:

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-07-06

SLORavne na Koroškem

SLOSnežnik   NEW!

SLOZabrdje

SLOJuršinci

2022-07-05

SVKŠtrbské Pleso

SVKVysoké Tatry

SVKVysoké Tatry

2022-07-04

USA-CTWinsted   NEW!

ITALimone Piemonte   NEW!

FIN-ISVarpaisjärvi

AUT-TKitzbühel

GER-NIBraunlage

2022-07-01

SLOJavorovica   NEW!

SWE-22Sjöbo   NEW!

SWE-21Tranås    NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-BWWaldstetten

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Comments

.

Schanze unterm Stuifen:

K-Point: 30 m
Men Winter Hill record: 29.0 m
Further jumps: K15
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1930
Status: destroyed
Ski club: TSGV Waldstetten
Coordinates: 48.765938, 9.819708 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Josef Straubinger is said to be one of the club founding fathers of TSGV in 1924 and was also among the people who built up the first ski jumping hill at Swabian Waldstetten in 1930. This ski jumping hill located near today’s skiing cabin on the foot of Stuifen (570 m), the local mountain of skiers from Waldstetten, was set up by a large number of unemployed club members. Sportive highlight of the ski club was the organization of 10th Swabian youth skiing day and 1st Reich youth skiing day in winter 1934. But with the sports policy of Third Reich less independency was granted for the clubs and so the skiing department had to be dissolved and later World War II cancelled all skiing activities.
In 1947 the skiing department was re-established and the ski jump reconstructed. Only a fistful of ski jumpers of the club had been performing ski jumping with a very idealistic attitude until around 1960. With bad winters and declining interest of the youth this kind of sports completely ran dry and the ski club only offered alpine and cross-country skiing. The wooden inrun tower of the ski jump was afterwards very likely used as a viewing point on surrounding mountains of Middle Alp, but had to be dismantled due to security reasons in 1970’s.

Sources:
Festschrift „75 Jahre Skisport Waldstetten (1924-1999)“
and Heinz Huber (former club ski jumper)

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com