Recent news:

The story behind the lost ski jumping hills in Poland

The ski jumping hill dictionary

More than 5000 ski jumping hills in our archives!

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

Renovation of Inselbergschanze possible – future Ladies’ World Cups as well?

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2020-08-09

SVKKremnica

2020-08-08

NOR-42Kristiansand   NEW!

NOR-42Kristiansand   NEW!

GER-SNOberwiesenthal

NOR-38Kodal   NEW!

NOR-38Kodal   NEW!

2020-08-07

NOR-38Kodal   NEW!

NOR-30Hønefoss   NEW!

SVKSlovenská Lupča

2020-08-06

NOR-30Drammen   NEW!

NOR-30Blaker   NEW!

SVKPodkonice

RUSSortavala

RUSMolodezhnoye

2020-08-05

NOR-38Hof   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-BWUnterkochen Aalen-Unterkochen

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Links | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Ostalbschanze:

K-Point: 80 m
Men Winter Hill record: 73.0 m (Sepp Vogg GER)
Total height: 86 m
Further jumps: K25
Plastic matting: no
Spectator capacity: 3,500
Year of construction: 1947
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Schneelaufverein Unterkochen e.V.

to top

History:

Ostalbschanze was built between 1947 and 1949 on initiative of the local club Schneelaufverein Unterkochen (SVU) and ski activists. These were assisted by locally stationed US soldiers, which had modern equipment.
The natural ski jump was a hotspot for ski jumping in the 1950’s and 1960’s. And so popular ski jumpers such as Max Bolkart (Four Hills Tournament winner in 1959/1960), Ewald Roscher (later national coach of Germany) or even Willi Schuster from Kleinwalsertal, Austria, took part of the competitions. In addition, many spectators came to watch events, sometimes even more than 3000.
However, the history of the ski jump only lasted for about 25 years; the last competition was held in the mid 1970’s. Ever since, the nature is getting back what humans took. Only the steel fundament of the judges’ tower and the take-off are still visible.
The smaller hill is located about one kilometer away from the former normal hill. Its take-off was even used as storage for gadgetry.
There were brief plans for reanimating both hills, but those never became reality.

to top

Hill records K80 (Men):

to top

Contact:

to top

Links:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2020
www.skijumpinghills.com