Recent news:

From Olympic to junior ski jumps: Construction works in full swing

Construction of Olympic ski jumps for Beijing 2022 in full swing!

Nordic Ski World Championships 2021 in Oberstdorf: Conversion has started

2000 ski jumping facilities in the archive!

All or nothing: Braunlage tries to make the dream of a large hill become true

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2019-08-19

CHNZhangjiakou

2019-08-18

GER-SNRodewisch

2019-08-17

GER-SNKlingenthal

2019-08-16

ISLSiglufjörður   NEW!

GER-SNKlingenthal

2019-08-15

GER-SNKlingenthal

CZE-LLiberec

2019-08-14

GER-NWNiedersfeld   NEW!

GER-SNKlingenthal

2019-08-13

SLOVelenje

GER-SNKlingenthal

2019-08-12

GER-SNKlingenthal

2019-08-11

NOR-06Vikersund

GER-SNStöckigt   NEW!

CZE-BHořice

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-BWSt. Blasien

Data | History | Contact | Map | Comments

.

Dr. Ernst-Baader-Schanze:

K-Point: 53 m
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1924
Year of destruction: 1968
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SC St. Blasien

to top

History:

Already in 1922 the planning for the construction of a large ski jumping hill at Holzberg in St. Blasien started under club chairman Dr. Eugen Bruck. Until then smaller ski hills at Jägerhaushalde above Meierhof and on Hasenmatt were used for jumping. On an extraordinary members convention of SC St. Blasien on October 8, 1924 the new-construction measure was decided on. Only short time later works started and in spite of some problems with the executing "Bauhütte Freiburg", the ski jumping hill with its stone-made take-off could be completed in January. On February 17 and 18, 1925 the jump was finally inaugurated and named "Dr.-Ernst-Baader-Schanze" after the son of the ski club founder and one of Germany's best ski jumpers.
Two years later the first challenge cup of the city of St. Blasien was held there. First winner of the annual tournament was local hero Karl Menzer. This tradition was kept until 1968 - only interrupted by World War II. For example Georg Thoma was the winner in 1954. After 1968 the ski jumping hill had to be closed down due to the extension of the bypass road.
Until 1977 challenge cup competitions were held on Spießhorn-Schanze in the urban district of Menzenschwand, after that ski jumping activities of SC St. Blasien ended.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2019
www.skijumpinghills.com