|Hill record:||42.0 m (R. Engel , 1980)|
|Year of construction:||1964|
|Ski club:||SWV Sindelfingen|
|Coordinates:||48.720766, 9.024418 ✔|
Already in 1933 the members of "Schwarzwaldverein Sindelfingen" set up a ski jumping hill at Herrenwäldle, which did not survive the years of World War II.
Due to winters with lots of snow and growing winter sports activities by the members of Schwarzwaldverein Sindelfingen and the local ski club, in early 1960's at the Winterhalde an alpine skiing slope with floodlights and a toboggan ride were developed. In 1964 the ski jumping hill was added. Building contractor Erwin Frank made huge contributions to the reconstruction works, since he had once been and enthusiastic ski jumper in his youth. In February 1972 the inauguration of the new Winterhalden ski jump was held in cooperation with the sports authorities of Sindelfingen, after it had to be postponed twice due to lack of snow. A huge crowded was attracted, since Max Bolkart - eight times German champion, Olympic runner-up in 1956 and with 139 meters one of the best ski flyiers of these days - had been signed and still was class of its own, even though he had retired from international ski jumping already.
In snow-steady winter championships of the skiing district of Stuttgart were carried out there and from 1980 on the cup of Sindelfingen had been established, last time held in 1985. With winters becoming more and more warm, the ski jumping group collapsed and young jumpers were missing. Activities came to an end in 1988, when vandals burned down the judges tower. An attempt of the ski club to revitalize the ski jump was declined by the city council of Sindelfingen in 2004.