|Hill record:||48.0 m (Alfred Pohl )|
|Status:||out of order|
|Ski club:||WSV Pfeffingen|
|Coordinates:||48.250474, 8.960909 ✔|
By the end of 1931, the freshly established snow boot section of the local "Schwäbischen Albverein" Pfeffingen initiated the construction of a ski jumping hill. The club members wanted to participate in competitions, but were not allowed due to the fact that the club did not belong to the ski association. And so, two years later, the wintersports club WSV Pfeffingen was founded. The first highlight for this club was the inauguration of the new ski jump on January 6th 1934.
Even though World War II started a couple of years later and had a big influence on the sport activities, ski jumping remained a part of the club life in this period. In 1946, the French occupying forces prohibited the existence of sports clubs that were founded in the Nazi era and so the WSV was implemented into the SV Pfeffingen in 1947 as a ski section.
In 1951, many efforts were put into the conversion of the ski jump. Unfavorable surface conditions made the project very difficult and last longer than expected. However, Pfeffingen became a popular ski jumping place in the region. Not only by hosting several championships, but also due to the successes of the club members.
The second and last conversion of Schalksburgschanze took place in 1960. This also resulted in an enlargement, the ski jump now had a K-Point of 46 meters. Until the mid 1970's, Nordic ski sport and ski jumpin with it were still popular.
In 1992, the judges' tower was demolished. The area of the ski jump is still maintained, but ski jumping is not being practiced anymore for a long time.