Recent news:

The ski jumping hill dictionary

More than 5000 ski jumping hills in our archives!

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

Renovation of Inselbergschanze possible – future Ladies’ World Cups as well?

From Olympic to junior ski jumps: Construction works in full swing

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2020-05-29

GER-BYLam

GER-BYLam

AUT-OOBad Goisern

AUT-VRiezlern

AUT-VRiezlern

AUT-VRiezlern   NEW!

AUT-VRiezlern   NEW!

2020-05-28

GER-BYZwiesel   NEW!

GER-NWZüschen   NEW!

GER-NWZüschen   NEW!

GER-BYZwiesel

GER-NIZorge   NEW!

GER-THWaffenrod   NEW!

GER-BWVöhrenbach   NEW!

GER-BWVaihingen   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-BWHerrlingen

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Comments

.

Lautertalschanze:

K-Point: 45 m
Men Winter Hill record: 52.0 m (Toni Brutscher BRD)
Further jumps: K20
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1950
Status: destroyed
Ski club: TSV Herrlingen 1897

to top

History:

Albrecht Schneider, a very engaged ski jumper in the skiing section, initiated the first impulses for the construction of a ski jumping hill at Herrlingen. The Baderhalde, situated in north-western Lautertal, was the selected location, because of the safest snow-conditions. In troublesome voluntary hand-work of club members the plans for Lautertalschanze made by F. Hoffmann from Ulm and Heini Klopfer from Oberstdorf were realized in only one year. In 1951 the ski jumping hill was prepared for the first time for district championships of Nordic Combined. On January 27, 1952 finally the open inauguration competition was hosted on the improved hill, with German top class jumpers just as Max Bolkart and Toni Brutscher participating. These were also coming back for later competitions and took up to 8,000 spectators attending at the ski jumping hill. They came in busses and excursion trains from Ulm and the surrounding region in order to attend the very fascinating tournaments.
Later the smaller ski jump was build up for young up-coming jumpers and on the nearby downhill slope even one of the first snow cannons was used. In 1960’s there was created a Three-Hills-Tournament with Bad Urach, Laichingen and Herrlingen, Degenfeld was taken as a replacement location in case of snow problems.
After some snow less winters the impact of the ski jumping hill at Herrlingen declined, due to television entering into society and spending other kinds of entertainment, leading into fewer young people starting ski jumping. With the destruction of the jump in 1969 the regional ski jumping history came to an end.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2020
www.skijumpinghills.com