Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2024-06-13

NOR-08Rjukan   NEW!

USA-CODenver

NOR-46Naustdal

2024-06-12

NOR-34Folldal   NEW!

NOR-06Kongsberg

NOR-03Oslo

NOR-20Kirkenes   NEW!

NOR-46Stryn

FRA-AMarkstein   NEW!

RUS-PUfa

USA-MAConcord

2024-06-11

NOR-07Kvelde   NEW!

FIN-LLUtsjoki   NEW!

NOR-50Orkdal

AUT-NOTernitz

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-BWFreudenstadt

Christophstal

Data | History | Hill records | Competitions | Map | Comments

.

Schwarzwaldschanze:

K-Point: 55 m
Men Winter Hill record: 62.0 m (Rolf Ries GER, 1951)
Further jumps: K15
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1922
Conversions: 1932, 1951
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Schneelauf-Verein Freudenstadt
Coordinates: 48.458906, 8.403227 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Already the construction of the ski jumping hill at Bärenschlösschen in Christophstal in 1922 was drastically influenced by the up-coming world economy crisis at Freudenstadt. At a city council meeting in this time there was a discussion about exploding costs for the uncompleted ski jumping hill. So the wage rate per hour of the emergency workers rose up from 120 to 240 marks, the currency devaluation grew from weekly! Despite of galloping inflation the Schwarzwaldschanze could be opened with the 12th Swabian championships on January 28 & 29, 1923 and was the home of the ski jumping elite of Freudenstadt in the following years.
At the German ski jumping championships in 1933 the competition of junior jumpers was held on Schwarzwaldschanze. Therefore the facility was renewed and enlarged by voluntary workers in 1932. The ski jump was set back 12 meters, the critical point was enlarged from 48 to 55 meters. A 15 m high wooden inrun tower, as well as a 2.5 m take-off was constructed and the angle of 10 meters wide landing hill now was at 36 degrees. Until 1942/43 many competitions with participants of Swabian ski jumping clubs had been organized. At these times the ski jump was belonging to best of the whole region, together with Ruhesteinschanze, Murgtalschanze and Bergergrundschanze.
After World War II and the renewing of the skiing division, in 1951 the ski jumping facility was prepared and converted for the German Nordic Skiing Championships 1953. For a last time jumpers from whole Germany were participating on Schwarzwaldschanze, where competition of Nordic Combined was held.
Unforegetable were the night events, which had been existing since 1952, because very often an attendance of 3000 spectators was watching. The last hour of Schwarzwaldschanze had come on October 3, 1967. The security of the jump was no more guaranteed, because the wooden construction was rotten and decayed. It had to be torn down. In 1969 at the same place a junior jumping hill was constructed, which was only standing for some few years.

to top

Competitions:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

1)   Koch, Hans-Joachim   wrote on 2014-06-18 at 11:56:

Suche für meine Heimatsammlung alte Postkarten von Sprungschanze im Christophstal.

Hans-Joachim Koch, Rappenstrasse 24, 72250 Fre3udenstadt

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024
www.skijumpinghills.com