Recent news:

All or nothing: Braunlage tries to make the dream of a large hill become true

"A decisive step": Inrun tower of the Rothaus-Schanze to be modernized

Luis on Ski Jumping Hill Tournament: SGP Hinterzarten, Part 2 - Comebacks and lessons

Luis on Ski Jumping Hill Tournament: SGP Hinterzarten - Tradition(s) and novelty

Spectacular new complex in Shchuchinsk inaugurated

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2018-10-22

GER-THBrotterode

2018-10-21

NOR-05Lillehammer

GER-SNKlingenthal

GER-SNOybin

RUSEkaterinburg

RUSBaryshevo

2018-10-20

FRA-VHabère-Poche

POL-DKamienna Góra

FRA-IChaux Neuve

FIN-ESEspoo   NEW!

GER-SNRodewisch

2018-10-19

FIN-ESEspoo   NEW!

FIN-ESEspoo   NEW!

GER-BWPfullingen

2018-10-18

ITATarvisio

more



Advertisement:





Partner:


Peter Riedel Sports Technology


SkokiPolska.pl


Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-BWFeldberg

Feldseewald

Data | History | Competitions | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Max-Egon-Schanze:

K-Point: 40 m
Year of construction: 1922
Conversions: 1949
Further jumps: K20
Status: destroyed
Plastic matting: no
Ski club: Skizunft Feldberg

to top

History:

As generally known the Black Forest is the cradle of German ski jumping, because it is known that already at about 1894 at Feldberg the first skiing competitions were held by immigrated Norwegians, who opened ski jumping for the public.
In 1899 someone called Bjarne Nielsen is said to have jumped an landed safely a distance of 19 m, because at that time winner was the one with the longest fallen distance.
In 1900 there was the first competition for the German championships, at which the winner is said to have jumped on 19 m. Further championships followed and with the very fast distribution of this kind of sports in 1905 the German Ski Association was founded. There were several ski jumping hills at Feldberg, which were built up at the beginning of each winter by the ski clubs which were founded at the beginning 20th century. It is known that many competitions took place on the Feldberghügel at Baldenweger Buck, which had a very dangerous outrun.
With the foundation of Skizunft Feldberg in 1922 its first goal was to convert the ski jumping hill at Feldseewald into a 40 meter hill was soon as possible. Its new hill name was due to Max Egon zu Fürstenberg, because the noble family from Freiburg made the construction possible with the donation of wood.
The Max-Egon-Schanze was only prepared for championships and the international Feldberg competition, which took place yearly from 1923 to 1934, training sessions where always held on the smaller jumps like at Seebuck. By the way, the every year very-well attended Eater competition was traditionally opened by the “Schwarzwaldgeist”, a jumper in a fancy dress. After the construction of Feldbergschanze in Fahler Loch in 1935, on which the tradition of the yearly Easter competition was continued, the jump lay idle and dilapidated.
In the end of 1940’s it was reactivated by the Skizunft and later again only lay down. A very last competition was held in middle 80’s at a regional youth tournament and after that the jumps belonged to the past forever.


Winners of the Easter Competition on Max-Egon-Schanze:

1922 Bødker-Næss NOR
1923 Sepp Allgaier GER / Freiburg
1924 Finn Blytt NOR
1925 B. Bischoff SUI
1926 Gustl Müller GER / Bayrisch Zell
1927 Walter Glass III GER / Klingenthal
1928 -
1929 Walter Glass III GER / Klingenthal
1930 Walter Glass III GER / Klingenthal
1931 Knut Kobberstadt NOR
1932 S. Reymond SUI
1934 Eistein Raabe NOR

to top

Competitions:

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2018
www.skijumpinghills.com