|Year of construction:||1936|
|Ski club:||Schi-Klub Herrenalb|
Schi-Klub Herrenalb inaugurated the Albtalschanze, which was located on Talwiese in Gaistal, a village located south of Bad Herrenalb, in 1937. To comply with hill profile requirements of the German Ski Association, a 4.9 meter high inrun tower had to be constructed, from which a 32 m long, 3 m wide and 25° sloped inrun track went down, supported by wooden stelts. What followed was 28 m long natural inrun part, which led to the take-off, enabling ski jumps around 25 m. Such a inrun structure, which appears to be very flat, was the norm for small ski jumping hills with distances up to 30 m at that time.
In mid 1950's the inrun tower was replaced by a new one, now enabling jumps of up to 40 meters. At the time when more and more ski lifts were built in northern Black Forest, also a lift was built at Talwiese in Herrenalb in 1966, right next to the ski jump. The hill, which had been out of order already for a few years, was then closed down and removed in spring 1967 to widen the alpine skiing slope.