Recent news:

2000 ski jumping facilities in the archive!

All or nothing: Braunlage tries to make the dream of a large hill become true

"A decisive step": Inrun tower of the Rothaus-Schanze to be modernized

Luis on Ski Jumping Hill Tournament: SGP Hinterzarten, Part 2 - Comebacks and lessons

Luis on Ski Jumping Hill Tournament: SGP Hinterzarten - Tradition(s) and novelty

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2018-12-19

NOR-04Løten   NEW!

NOR-04Løten   NEW!

GER-THBrotterode

NOR-04Brumunddal   NEW!

NOR-04Brumunddal   NEW!

NOR-04Brumunddal   NEW!

NOR-04Brumunddal

NOR-18Bodø

NOR-18Bodø   NEW!

2018-12-18

NOR-18Bodø

NOR-18Bodø

NOR-05Biri

SLOJablance

NOR-05Bergheim

NOR-12Bergen   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



FRAFRA-IMorteau

Data | History | Hill records | Map | Photo gallery | Videos | Comments

.

Tremplin de Morteau:

K-Point: 75 m
Men Winter Hill record: 82.5 m (Giacomo Aimoni ITA, 1967)
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1945
Conversions: 1955
Status: destroyed
Year of destruction: 1974
Ski club: Ski Club Val de Morteau

to top

History:

The first wooden ski jumping hill at Morteau was built in 1945 and inaugurated in the following winter. From 1951 on a large, international annual competition had been organized, the "Coupe Klaus" donated by a chocolate factory. The best ski jumpers from France and many athletes from neighbouring countries competed in the cup tournament, and drew attendences of up to 12,000 spectators to the ski jump.
In 1955 the ski jumping hill of Morteau was enlarged and equipped with a steel tower. From end 1950's on a few "Coupe Klaus" competitions had to be cancelled due to lack of snow (1959, 1961, 1962 & 1964). However, the highlight in the jump's history were the French Championships in 1964. Annual competitions were still held until 1973, but then they had to be called off due to lack of funding, support and public interest. Thus the hill was given up by the ski club in 1974.

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:

to top

Videos:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2018
www.skijumpinghills.com