Recent news:

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-12-06

NOR-15Stranda

NOR-34Sør-Aurdal

NOR-34Tolga

NOR-34Trysil

NOR-38Re

GER-HEBermuthshain

2022-12-05

GER-HESchotten

2022-12-04

GER-HEHartenrod

2022-12-03

GER-NWLützel

2022-12-02

GER-NWErndtebrück

2022-12-01

GER-NWHainchen

2022-11-30

GER-NWRückershausen

2022-11-29

FRA-MGérardmer

AUT-TAxams   NEW!

2022-11-28

FRA-MXonrupt-Longemer

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



CZECZE-KPernink

Viadukt

Data | History | Hill records | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Ludwig-Schuhmann-Schanze:

K-Point: 60 m
Men Winter Hill record: 35.0 m (Hans Schöniger CSR)
Year of construction: 1946
Operating until: 1966
K60 (1946-1966)K35 (1935-1944)

TJ ATUS-Schanze:

K-Point: 30 m
Men Winter Hill record: 30.5 m
Year of construction: 1932
Operating until: 1935
K30 (1932-1935)K30 (1923-1931)

Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: TJ Sokol Pernink, TJ ATUS Bärringen
Coordinates: 50.363034, 12.772976 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

The first ski jumping hill in Bärringen (today Pernink) in the Czech part of Erz Mountains in the Karlovy Vary district was built at the hill of Friedeberg in 1921.
Already on the 21st January 1923, a new hill was opened. It was supposed to allow jumps between 30 and 35 meters. However, the first hill record were 27 meters, set at the opening competition. In the two following winters, quite a few competitions were held here and the hill record was improved to 30 meters.
In 1925 and 1926, a 20 meter-high inrun tower was erected, which made the ski jump become a landmark of Perninik. In 1927, the HDW championships took place here.
On February 28th 1932, the TJ ATUS ski jump saw its opening celebration. Here, the distances were even longer than 30 meters.
In 1935, another, larger, ski jump was inaugurated. It was built according to the plans of Ernst Maixner and named after Ludwig Schuhmann, the main responsible constructor. The longest jump on 35 meters was performed by Hans Schöniger from nearby Abertham.
After World War II, there were plans for building a 70-meter-jump, but those never became reality. Still, Pernink became a winter sports destination. The ski jump located at the railway viaduct was reopened again as an all-natural-skí jump and enabled distances to 25 meters. In the following years, it was slowly enlarged up to K60, whereby finally a wooden super-structure for upper landing hill and an inrun tower were constructed. Rudolf Höhnl, bronze medal winner at the 1974 World Championships in Falun and also Jan Kubica, learned ski jumping here.
Between 1955 and 1966, the annual Pernink cup took place. In the 1970's, there were again rough drafts for a K70, but once again these were not realized.
Today the former landing hill is still good to see, although the ski jumping hill hasn’t been used since 1980’s.

to top

Hill records K30 (Men):

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

1)   Schmidt, Mario   wrote on 2014-10-12 at 16:30:

Hier haben Hans Renner, der Erfinder der Sprungmatten, und Rudolf Höhnl, Medaillengewinner bei WM, das Skispringen erlernt. Ewald Roscher, der deutsche Skisprungpapst,Nationaltrainer von Deutschland und der Schweiz, stammt aus dem Nachbarort und dürfte auch hier gesprungen sein.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com