Recent news:

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-09-26

FRA-VChamonix

SLOKranj

GER-STWippra

NOR-30Lommedalen

2022-09-25

USA-WIWashburn

AUT-STRamsau

NOR-50Trondheim

NOR-03Oslo

2022-09-24

USA-UTSalt Lake City

NOR-30Asker

2022-09-23

NOR-11Undheim   NEW!

NOR-34Stange   NEW!

NOR-30Sandvika

2022-09-22

FIN-LSJyväskylä   NEW!

USA-NYLake Placid

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



CZECZE-HJánské Láznĕ

Data | History | Hill records | Competitions | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Rübezahl-Sprungschanze:

K-Point: 50 m
Men Winter Hill record: 55.0 m (František Wende CZE, 1927)
Tower height: 20 m
Inrun length: 45 m
Inrun angle: 35°
Year of construction: 1921
Conversions: 1945, 1956
Year of destruction: 1965
Further jumps: 2
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1924
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SK Janské Láznĕ
Coordinates: 50.629107, 15.778536 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Jánské Láznĕ (before Johannisbad) at Krkonoše (giants mountains) is a spa destination with 900 inhabitants, situated 519 m above NN.
In early 1920's A. Berger was responsible for the construction of a first ski jump with a 20 m high wooden inrun tower and 8 m long take-off. There the very first Nordic Ski Championships took place in 1925. Winner of the ski jumping competition on February 12, 1925 was German-Czechian Wili Dick from Weipert, followed by Norway’s Henry Ljungmann and Frantisek Wende (Czechia), attended by 3,000 spectators. The longest jumps on Rübezahl-Schanze were realized by Wende in 1927 with 54 and 55 meters. Furthermore in 1931 national and in 1939 HDW championships were organized at Johannisbad.
After World War II the ski jump was revitalized immediately, until there was a profound new-construction by Karel Jarolímek in 1956. Afterwards an annual cup competition had been staged until 1965.

to top

Hill records K50 (Men):

to top

Competitions:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com