Recent news:

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

Reconstruction of Średnia Krokiew at Zakopane completed

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-05-28

USA-UTSummit Park

USA-UTSummit Park   NEW!

USA-MIOxford   NEW!

USA-WIWausau   NEW!

SLOVincarje   NEW!

2022-05-27

USA-UTSundance   NEW!

USA-UTSalt Lake City

USA-IDSun Valley

2022-05-26

USA-IDMcCall   NEW!

USA-CASan Francisco

2022-05-25

CZE-HPec pod Sněžkou

CZE-LHorní Maršov

CZE-HSvoboda nad Úpou

AUT-VTschagguns

GER-THGoßwitz

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



CZECZE-HDolní Brusnice

Data | History | Hill records | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Skokanský Můstek pod Zvičinou:

K-Point: 40 m
Men Winter Hill record: 44.0 m (Sigmund Ruud NOR, 1928)
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1915
Year of destruction: 1970
Coordinates: 50.450200, 15.720379 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
K-Point: 26 m
Plastic matting: yes
Year of construction: 1975
Conversions: 1978
Year of destruction: 1987
Coordinates: 50.450635, 15.711601 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Further jumps: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: ROH
Coordinates: 50.450635, 15.711601 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Already around Christmas in 1920 the Czechian winter sports association organized first ski courses in the valley of Zvičina at Dolní Brusnice, which were initiated by Karel Jarolímek. R.N. Østgård from Norway was person in charge and also constructed the first ski jump, which was used for the "first international winter games of Czechia" on January 15, 1911.
Hotelier Jan Hetfleisch then constructed the first permanent ski jumping hill with wooden inrun and take-off in 1915. Even World Champion Sigmund Ruud from Norway competed there several times. The hill even survived World War II, but after years of good maintainence by Jan Hetfleisch it had to be dismantled at the beginning of 1970's. As a curiosity, a neighbouring pigsty was damaged thereby and the pigs escaped in all directions.
Instead a new ski jump according to plans by Josef Čermák from Trutnov could be completed by 1975. It was built by voluntary workers supported by the Revolutionary Trade Union (ROH) and Czechoslovakian Television (ČSTV). In 1978 it was even equipped with floodlights and plastic mattings, which had been sponsored by ČSTV Prague.
The inrun tower was seriously damaged during a storm in 1987 and thus ski jumping activities ended. Finally in 2013 the tower was turned into a viewing point.

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com