Recent news:

2500 ski jumping facilities now online!

The story behind the lost ski jumping hills in Poland

The ski jumping hill dictionary

More than 5000 ski jumping hills in our archives!

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2021-01-17

USA-MNRed Wing   NEW!

SVKRužomberok

SVKRužomberok

SVKLiptovská Kokava

SVKSelce

GER-SNGeyer

NOR-54Sørreisa   NEW!

NOR-54Sørreisa   NEW!

NOR-54Sørreisa   NEW!

NOR-54Sørreisa   NEW!

2021-01-16

USA-MNRed Wing

GER-SNOberwiesenthal

GER-SNJohanngeorgenstadt

GER-SNJohanngeorgenstadt

POL-SBielsko-Biała

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



CZECZE-HŽacléř

Data | History | Hill records | Links | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Pohlbergschanze:

K-Point: 50 m
Year of construction: 1921
Coordinates: 50.660768, 15.902796 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

Skokanský můstek v Prkenném Dole:

K-Point: 48 m
Men Winter Hill record: 54.0 m (Drahomír Jebavý CSR)
Year of construction: 1952
Operating until: 1970
Coordinates: 50.648253, 15.896203 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: TJ Baník Žacléř, WSV Aupenthal, DTV Schatzlar
Coordinates: 50.648253, 15.896203 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Already in the 1920's, people started ski jumping in Žacléř (ger. Schatzlar) on the ski jumping hill at Pohlberg (Polák). With its wooden inrun tower it allowed jumps up to 50 and even 55 meters. The jump was built near the porcelain manufacture by members of Wintersportverein Aupenthal, which was founded in 1920. One year after the club had been founded, the hill was inaugurated with a competition with 27 jumpers participating and attended by 3000 spectators. This ski jump was mostly used by Czech and German falcons, for instance in 1925, where a ski jumping and cross-country competition with 200 competitors in front of more than 5000 spectators took place.
After World War II, mine apprentices and members of TJ Baník Žacléř, which was founded by Jan Šverma, built a new ski jump with wooden inrun tower at the Prkenny Mine (Prkenný Důl). The first competition there was hosted in 1953. Between 1954 and 1967, regular competitions in course of the Crystal Cup, the Shield of the Town of Žacléř and also the Elektroporcélan Žacléř took place, the last two even annually. The ski jump has been used until 1970; only a few years longer than the ski club and also the mining school existed. Drahoš Jebavý jumped the hill record of 54 meters.

to top

Links:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2021
www.skijumpinghills.com