|Hill record:||81.5 m (Josef Bradl , 1941)|
|Year of construction:||1936|
|Ski club:||Ski Klub Špindl|
|Coordinates:||50.739222, 15.603694 ✔|
In the history of Czech ski jumping Špindlerŭv Mlýn (ger. Spindler Mühle) in the Giants Mountains was one of the most important centres. Today, it is a small but much sought-after winter sports ressort with many visitors every year, at which even Alpine Ski World Cup takes place sometimes.
The first historically mentioned jumping hill stood already in 1905 near the Hotel Esplanada (record distance in 1906 was 16.5 m). Later, in the 1920’s another ski jump existed in Milscherloch.
In 1934 the construction of the Elbgrundschanze at Mädelsteg (cz. Masarykův Můstek at Dívčí lávky) began according to plans by Karel Jarolímek. The at that time largest ski jumping hill in Czech territories was opened in 1936 and Masaji Iguro from Japan jumped a hill record of 81 m. Nazi-German championships were organized there in 1941 with a new hill record of 81.5 m by Sepp Bradl.
In 1941, also a smaller ski jump, the Klausengrundschanze in Svatý Petr (en. Saint Peter), a town district located about 3 km apart, was used for the Nordic Combined competition. After World War II, ski jumping activities were completely relocated to Svatý Petr.