|Year of construction:||1942|
|Ski club:||Yukon Ski Runners|
Skiing was brought to Whitehorse at Yukon River thanks to Arnie Anderson from Norway. In 1942 he built a ski jump in the hills behind Whitehorse General Hospital. He was trying to introduce this sport to local people but it never got the same popularity as alpine or cross-country skiing. For instance, during the 1945 Winter Carnival there were only 5 competitors in the ski jumping event held in Whitehorse - of course Anderson was one of them! Remarkably, during that time the part of city on the eastern side of Yukon River still didn't have electricity and thus the results of the ski jumping competition were announced only during the evening, few hours after last jumps.