|Year of construction:||1966|
|Year of construction:||1952|
|Ski club:||Sault Ski Club|
|Coordinates:||46.581321, -84.278874 ✔|
The Austrian ski jumper and hill architect Karl Martitsch immigrated to Canada in 1951 and built a 70 meter ski jumping hill in the Hiawatha Highlands of Sault Ste. Marie. In 1950's, a number of competitions with first-class ski jumpers and national trials had been hosted on the ski jumping hill. In 1966 the ski jump was severely damaged by strong rainfall and a landslide - since then, the slope is called "Landslide hill". Until 1970's the renovated 50 meter hill had still been used, but then ski jumping activities in Sault Ste. Marie ended.