Recent news:

2000 ski jumping facilities in the archive!

All or nothing: Braunlage tries to make the dream of a large hill become true

"A decisive step": Inrun tower of the Rothaus-Schanze to be modernized

Luis on Ski Jumping Hill Tournament: SGP Hinterzarten, Part 2 - Comebacks and lessons

Luis on Ski Jumping Hill Tournament: SGP Hinterzarten - Tradition(s) and novelty

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2019-02-15

AUT-SBad Hofgastein

AUT-STBad Aussee

GER-HEWillingen

AUT-STMariazell

2019-02-14

NOR-08Fyresdal   NEW!

AUT-STMürzzuschlag

AUT-NOSemmering

MKDPopova Šapka

POL-NRudziska Pasymskie

AUT-OOSandl

2019-02-13

LTUAlytus

LTUIgnalina

USA-MIIron Mountain

2019-02-12

USA-WIWestby

2019-02-11

SLOIhan

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



CANCAN-ONOttawa

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Rockcliffe Ski Jumps:

K-Point: 50 m
Men Winter Hill record: 44.2 m (145 ft) (Ragnar Omtvedt USA, 1915-02-20)
Further jumps: K20
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1910
Conversions: 1915, 1920, 1926
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Ottawa Ski Club

to top

History:

Already in 1910 the Norwegian immigrant, skiing pioneer of Canada’s capital Ottawa and founder of the local ski club Sigurd Lockeberg built up out of cordwood the first ski jump in Rockcliffe park called Suicide Hill. Until 1915 the tower was enlarged into a height of 35 meters. Before the hill record of 1914 by Sigurd Lockeberg was at 94 feet (28.7 m), afterwards on 1915-02-20 Ragnar Omtvedt from Chicago jumped on unbelievable 145 ft. (44.2 m). At that time up to 5,000 spectators went to the hill at competitions. But already in autumn 1915 this new built tower was destroyed and it took until 1920 to rebuilt a new one with even two ski jumping hills. But also this inrun tower didn’t last long and collapsed even in the same year, because of construction faults. After there had been a provisional smaller wooden tower, in 1926 a steel made inrun tower was completed. This one was used until 1937 and then dismantled, because ski jumping activities of Ottawa Ski Club were transferred to Camp Fortune.

to top

Hill records K50 (Men):

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link
2)   Michał Dadej   wrote on 2011-09-29 at 18:56:

Jump

glad :)

1)   lucien Archambault   wrote on 2011-09-28 at 03:12:

jump

voila

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2019
www.skijumpinghills.com