Recent news:

2500 ski jumping facilities now online!

The story behind the lost ski jumping hills in Poland

The ski jumping hill dictionary

More than 5000 ski jumping hills in our archives!

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2020-11-26

HUNKőszeg

POL-SBielsko-Biała

NOR-34Øystre Slidre   NEW!

2020-11-25

NOR-34Stange   NEW!

NOR-34Åsnes   NEW!

CZE-TKozlovice

AUT-KKlagenfurt

2020-11-24

POL-KChochołów

POL-KDzianisz

POL-KChochołów

USA-WIMadison

CZE-ZRožnov pod Radhoštěm

2020-11-23

AUT-KVelden

AUT-KVelden

FIN-LSTeuva   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



AUTAUT-WWien

Schneepalast

Data | History | Links | Map | Comments

.

Sprungschanze im Schneepalast:

K-Point: 15 m
Inrun angle: 35°
Take-off height: 1 m
Landing angle: 30°
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1927
Year of destruction: 1928
Status: destroyed
Coordinates: 48.227594, 16.385858 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

The Northwest station of Vienna was opened for the World Exposition in 1873, but already in 1924 it was not needed anymore and decomishioned. Afterwards, the station hall was used for exhibitions and events. One of them was the "Schneepalast" (snow palace), which was built up by ski pioneer Dagfinn Carlsen and opened on November 26, 1927. He got the idea from a visit to Berlin and its Schneepalast, which was opened in 1926.
Using wooden structures and 150 tons of artificial snow, on an area of 4,000 square meters a downhill slope, a cross-country trail, a toboggan track and a ski jumping hill were set up. For a fee of 1.50 Schillings visitors could enjoy the attraction, which was at that time one of Vienna's main ones, for 2 hours. During February and March 1928, every Thursday public competitions were held on the ski jumping hill. However, due to financial problems, Schneepalast already had to close down in May 1928.

to top

Links:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2020
www.skijumpinghills.com